As it gets towards the end of 2018, the temperatures begin to drop and the days get shorter – Summer is officially over. However, this shouldn’t stop you from having fun with your friends and family.
Here are 5 fun things to do and places to visit in the humble town of St Ives!
- Norris Museum – This museum first opened in 1933 and it has its own story to tell. New exhibitions are always taking place – Currently, their main exhibition is called ‘1918-2018 Huntingdonshire Remembers’ which is a display dedicated to remembrance day! Previous exhibitions involve topics such as fashion and Huntingdonshire heritage. This is a great trip for those interested in the history of the region. Visit the website here – http://www.norrismuseum.org.uk/
- Wood Green – Located just outside of St Ives, this animals charity has grown to come one of the leading animal welfare organisations in the UK. They take in many species of animals, provide sanctuary for the injured, then find them loving new homes. It’s a rewarding organisation, and you can get involved too! You can visit one of the centres, meet the animals and even volunteer for the day, learning all about what they provide and making a difference. Visit their website here – https://www.woodgreen.org.uk/
- CryptX – CryptX is a live-action adventure for you and your family. For 60 minutes you need to work together with your team to discover clues and solve puzzles in order to achieve the goal, such as stealing the jewellery or escaping school detention! This activity is great for adrenaline junkies, so get gather your team and get escaping! Find out more here – https://www.cryptx.co.uk/
- Houghton Mill – This is an impressive working 18th-century watermill you and your family can visit for many things to do! Set in an idyllic village location, learn about the survival story of the mill that was almost demolished, but restored to working order to carry on the tradition. As it’s Autumn, you can go on a walk, go canoeing and cycling and also enjoy a hot or cold beverage with some snacks in the Houghton Mill Tea-room. Additionally, they also offer camping accommodation so you can even stay the night! Visit their website here – https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/houghton-mill-and-waterclose-meadows
- One Leisure – Boasting a wide range of activities in this fantastic complex, you and your friends and family can enjoy a fun few hours – including a swimming pool, a gym, squash, cycling and even a cafe to enjoy some beverages!
Thank you for reading!